They say that a clean home is a happy home and this is especially true for the kitchen, as it’s the heart of the home. Taking little steps daily to keep a kitchen clean can be much easier than waiting for the mess to become unbearable and having to deal with the buildup. Here are a few ways you can take those little steps to keeping your kitchen clean:
- Empty the dishwasher each morning. Getting in the habit of loading dishes into the dishwasher throughout the day is a simple and easy way to keep your counters and sink clear. Unloading it each morning will help support this habit.
- Hold yourself and everyone in your household accountable for a basic level of cleanliness. Take a few minutes after each meal to wipe down the counters, get all dishes into the dishwasher, and sweep floors if needed at the end of the day. If everyone holds each other accountable and works together, having a clean kitchen at the end of the day will be a breeze.
- Cook simple meals. It’s not necessarily about how you clean, but more about how much of a mess you make. The amount of effort you put into cooking can have an equal output of the amount of cleaning you’ll have afterwards. If you enjoy cooking intricate meals, try to limit them to once a week, and switch to easier meals for the rest of the week.
- Make a schedule of special cleaning tasks for each day of the week.
- Sunday: Check pantry for expired or spoiled foods and organize as necessary.
- Monday: Wipe down walls and backsplashes of kitchen
- Tuesday: Clean appliances
- Wednesday: Wipe cabinet doors
- Thursday: Clean fridge, organizing it so that most-perishable items are near the front
- Friday: Pick one drawer to clean and organize
- Saturday: Mop floors
Regardless of whether or not you use our cleaning services, if you’re in Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Prosper, Little Elm, the Colony, or another area, we hope you find these cleaning tips useful. Setting a schedule and getting into a rhythm of cleaning can really help keep your kitchen clean. To make life easier, schedule weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cleaning services with us to help keep your kitchen clean. We can take care of light cleaning or deep cleaning, whichever you need most!