Whether you’re just setting up a kitchen for the first time or are trying to minimize and go back to the basics, we’ve broken down the essentials of what to have in your kitchen to keep it clean.
- A scrub brush: One of the most fundamental tools to have in your kitchen
- Dish cloth: These should be abundant in your kitchen, as they’re very multi-purpose
- Scrubbing pads: Depending on what kind of pots and pan you keep around, it’s good to have both non-abrasive or slightly abrasive scrubbing pads so you don’t scratch your precious cookware.
- Steel wool: When you have those tough to scrub spots (such as inside your oven), steel wool will be your hero. However, it’s best to exercise caution when using it, as it’s very abrasive and can scratch surfaces. Doing a test first is always a good idea.
- Paper towels: Paper towels come in handy when you’ve got a quick mess to clean up or need to put the shine on some appliances or windows.
- Plastic scraper: You don’t need an expensive one, but having a simple one will come in handy for sweeping up food debris from a skillet without damaging or scratching the enamel on the pan.
- Dish soap: When you’re picking out dish soap, make sure it can fight grease so you’ll have partner in crime for scrubbing dishes. No one likes to find leftover residue on the dishes they just cleaned!
- Rubber gloves: It’s better for the health of your hands to wear rubber gloves while washing dishes or cleaning. Exposing your skin to harsh cleaners, abrasive scrubbers, or soggy food can cause your hands to become dry and irritated. Your hands will thank you later!
- All-purpose cleaner: There are a variety of multi-purpose cleaners out there to choose from, including ones by Mr. Clean and Windex. There are many eco-friendly cleaners out there, if that’s what you prefer.
- Dish Rack: Even if you have a dishwasher, you’ll end up hand washing some dishes; having a drying rack will come in handy for those times.
Golden Services offers full-service house cleaning for the communities of Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Prosper, Little Elm, and the Colony. We understand everyone can use a helping hand with keeping their house clean and tidy, which is why we’re here to help! Contact us today to learn how we can make your house shine.